Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hello, Commander! I see you're player too! - Paradox Interactive positive Standing greeting
Easter eggs are inside jokes and references to popular culture, included for the player's amusement.
All Mission Sponsors were shown as their real life (or fictional) counterparts in the Gamescom demo of Surviving Mars.
- Inspired by SpaceX.
- Inspired by the Latter Day Saints movement.
- Inspired by Weyland Corporation from Alien vs. Predator, and a direct name reference to Firefly and Serenity.
- Reference to Serenity
- Reference to Firefly, line from the lyrics of The Ballad of Serenity
- Reference to the novel of the same name
- Reference to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Reference to the Looney Toons character of the same name
- Reference to Snow White
- Reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Reference to the Fallout series
- Reference to the arcade game of the same name
- Reference to Jack and the Beanstalk
- Reference to Star Trek
- Reference to Isaac Asimov and Robert Silverberg's novel of the same name
- Reference to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Reference to Andy Weir's The Martian
- Reference to The Matrix movie
- Reference to Star Trek
- Reference to Rick and Morty
- Reference to the Paradox Interactive game series of the same name
- The Power of Three
- Reference to Doctor Who episode of the same name.
- Inner Light
- Reference to the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode of the same name.
- Beyond Earth
- Rede Goddenberry is a reference to scifi writer Gene Roddenberry, best known for creating Star Trek. Title could also be a reference to Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri.
- Artificial Intelligence
- NetSky is an anagram for Skynet from the Terminator series.
- Reference to The Andromeda Strain novel.
Events and Story Bits
- Reference to Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster. Fittingly the SpaceY Mission Sponsor has an additional Story Bit choice. Title is also a reference to the vehicle spawning service in the Borderlands franchise.
- Comet Sighted
- Reference to games developed by Paradox Development Studio.
- Dormant Life
- Reference to the Jurassic Park series.
- Fhtagn! Fhtagn!
- Reference to H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu. In the long forgotten tongue the word means "dreams", "sleeps" or "waits".
- Flat Mars Society
- Reference to the Flat Earth Society and Mike Hughes' failed rocket launch attempt.
- Gaming Tournament
- Reference to StarCraft.
- Hello Darkness, My Old Friend
- Reference to the Simon & Garfunkel song "The Sound of Silence".
- Iron-Oxidizing Bacteria
- Reference to Dr. Strangelove.
- The Man from Mars
- Reference to Jerome Bixby's story, The Man from Earth.
- Total Recall
- Reference to the movie of the same name.
- Water Chip
- Reference to the Fallout series.
- Witness me!
- Reference to Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Blood Music
- Reference to the novel of the same name.
- Goodbye and thanks for all the drones!
- Reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
- I don't want to set the world on fire.
- Reference to a song of the same name by The Ink Spots, used as the main theme for Fallout 3.
- I will do anything for love but I won't do that.
- Reference to a popular, similarly named song by Meat Loaf.
- Mars - just add water!
- Reference to H2O: Just Add Water.
- Step aside, I know regular expressions!
- Reference to XKCD #208: Regular Expressions
Rival Colony Dialogue
- I used to be an astrogeologist like you, but then I took an asteroid in the sensor tower. (positive Standing greeting for Astrogeologist Commander Profiles)
- Reference to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Hello, Commander. How are things going in your colony? Do you want us to sell you not-a-flamethrower already? (SpaceY neutral Standing greeting)
- Reference to Elon Musk's Not-a-Flamethrower.
- Greetings. Listen carefully, for our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS! (India negative Standing greeting)
- Reference to the "Nuclear Gandhi" bug from Civilization.
- All your base are belong to us! (Japan resource request refusal)
- Reference to Zero Wing.
- Hawking Institute (building)
- Tribute to theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. Originally called Science Institute, the building was renamed following his death.
- Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you. (game exit message)
- Reference to the voice audio played when exiting Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.