Along with Specializations comes some default traits (like Engeneer +dining -social). Dont these need to be descriped under the Specializations tabel as well? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:50, 20 March 2018 (CET)
- Possibly, though it feels like an entire discussion of the way interests are assigned, used to generate trips to service buildings and how that impacts Comfort needs to be put somewhere, perhaps on its own page (Interests, maybe?), and it might be better served to put all the interest modifiers on that page. - Tjayharvey (talk) 22:24, 20 March 2018 (CET)
Some information about Colonist birth mechanics, pulled from Dome.lua. There are 6 checks per dome per day. Fertile males and females are those with comfort exceeding the dome threshold. A medical building reduces the comfort required for birth by 15, but only if the building is "working" (staffed and on). The number of fertile couples is calculated, with the least comfortable colonists (note: not least fertile!) discarded if there are excess of one gender. The total fertility of all members is averaged: Fertility = Comfort + 50 if sexy, + any other birth comfort calculations to a max of 150. 30 is subtracted from the avg. fertility and multiplied by the number of fertile couples, then divided by 6. This amount is accumulated in the birth_progress field of the Dome. When it reaches the threshold value for birth (1000 normally, 500 for Church of the New Ark), after a random delay a baby is created at one of the random dome entrances and the current progress is reset (overflow is retained). The child has no "parents", and in fact you could have 10 sexy couples run the birth progress up nearly to the threshold, move then all out and move one plain couple in and the child will still be born in the dome, even though the colonists "responsible" for all the progress aren't even in the dome anymore! There's also a penalty to progress if you already have homeless colonists in the dome. It looks like new domes are initialized with birth progress at 50%.
- 6 normal couples at a new dome comfort 60 with a medical facility staffed in all shifts. Should produce (60-30)*6=180 birth progress / day and the first baby should appear after about 2.8 days (with subsequent babies following every 5.6 days).
- 6 all-sexy couples at a new dome with comfort 70. Should produce (70+50-30)*6=540 birth progress / day and the first baby won't even take a day (with subsequent babies every 1.8 days).
- 6 all-sexy couples at a new dome with comfort 80 with New Ark sponsor. Should produce (80+50-30)*6=600 birth progress / day. That's more than 1 baby per day.
- 6 normal couples at a new dome with comfort 40, the Doctor commander profile, and a working medical facility. Should produce (40-30)*6 = 60, so the first baby will appear after about 8.3 days (with subsequent babies every 16.6) days.